Get recognized as an expert in your profession!
Professional certification is the established mechanism to distinguish experienced practitioners from new entrants to the field. As with any proof of professional status certification within the business continuity profession exists to provide an indication of baseline education in a knowledge base of accepted best practices in our industry. The more advanced levels of certification attest to a level of experience in the field, and the highest may indicate peer acceptance of thought leadership and contribution to the advancement of the profession
Why choose Disaster Recovery Institute certification?
Disaster Recovery Institute certifications are globally accepted and recognized. They combine the achievement of passing an exam with credit for your work and educational experience, giving you the credibility you need to move ahead in your career. DRI International certifies individuals and provides various levels of active professional certification in a number of areas. Our certifications are the standards of excellence in business continuity management whether you are a practitioner, vendor, or auditor.
Whether you are seeking career progression, greater employability, increased salary, personal professional development and a professional brand name in business and in society DRI certification is a proven way to reach your goal
A DRI certification is the most widely recognized and respected certification in the world for professionals that have demonstrated both knowledge and experience in a variety of roles, including: Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management, Risk Management, Crisis Management, and Operational Resilience.
Why should I be certified with DRIC? What’s in it for me?
DRI certifications differentiate professionals in today's competitive job market and broaden their employment opportunities. Certifications acknowledge an individual's effort to achieve a professional level of competency in the industry. The table below outlines some of the benefits for different groups of people in holding of a DRI certification:
|If You are:
|Then DRI Certification and membership will enable You to:
|Newcomer to Canada
|- Validate specialized knowledge and hands-on experience from abroad
- Build your professional network through DRIC and our partners
- Overcome the Canadian work experience barrier
- Enhance Your employability and credibility
|New grad or person changing careers
|- Demonstrate professional commitment
- Get ahead with professional training and education
- Choose from many different specializations (business continuity, IT disaster recovery, emergency management, risk management,
|Junior professional in the field
|- Stand out from the crowd and improve Your marketability
- Enhance feeling of personal accomplishment
- Increase the level of your professional knowledge on a continuing basis gaining CEAPs
- Ready Your skills for tomorrow's challenges and opportunities
|Experienced professional in the field
|- Improve recognition from peers and gain credibility with executives
- Build the depth and breadth of your professional experience within chosen field
- Learn from leaders and become a leader
- Actively participate in conferences and local events
- Volunteer for local communities, non profits and emergency response organizations
- Increase opportunities for career advancement and earning potential
|Seasoned professional in other areas (like IT, Project Mgmt, Risk, Health-Safety)
|- Demonstrate a certain level of knowledge and skills
- Open new doors for career progression
- Learn to speak the same language and to better understand other business areas
|BCM expert willing to give back to the profession
|- Present at conferences and regional events
- Shape the future of the profession by participating in working groups, expert forums, and standard organizations
- Volunteer for DRIC and DRII boards, commissions and events
- Earn awards through Your contribution
- Gain media attention when journalists are looking for an expert
|Retired expert or soon to be retired
|- Create opportunities to stay involved and do what you love
- Share your knowledge and experience
- Find small consulting engagements
- Prepare Your contingency plan for retirement
The above graph represents main findings taken from a BC Management Annual Compensation Benchmarking Report in 2014 and 2015. Based on the feedback from more than 800 in professionals surveyed in USA and Canada, the results shows that:
|Position yourself to succeed and thrive in your career
Business Continuity / Emergency Management carrier paths supported by DRIC Education and Certification
Why should my organization be interested in DRIC education and certification?
Certification proves to employers that you have what it takes to add value to their enterprise. In fact, many organizations and governmental agencies around the world require or recognize DRI’s certifications. When an organization wishes to build or improve its BC program, it must ensure that its business continuity efforts are well designed and effectively managed. An organization with certified DRIC professionals among its staff can be confident that the business continuity program is properly focused and will provide the organization with what it needs. When a BC program has been built with the guidance of certified DRIC professionals, an organization can be confident in its ability to successfully manage a significant disruption incident.
When choosing the professional who will be able to introduce and structure a new BCM program, organizations can trust that DRI certified individuals have a level of knowledge and experience equal to the task. The business can be certain that they are hiring a true professional whose qualifications have undergone scrutiny.
An organization that has spent years and precious resources building a strong business continuity program should only consider hiring professionals to maintain and improve their plan. DRI certified individuals have taken the time and energy to prove their expertise.
Many trusted Canadian organizations have sent their staff to DRIC for training and certification:
• Manulife Financial
• The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
• Strathcona County Alberta
• IBM Canada
• Marsh, and
• The BC, Manitoba and Ontario Provincial Government
are only a few examples!